This course requires a hands-on practical evaluation in addition to the online training. To complete this part of the training you will need to arrange to be evaluated by a certified trainer in your organization, or an independent one.
Nearly 20 per cent of all lost time injuries can be attributed to falls in the workplace. The majority of falls occur on the same level, while others involve falls to a lower level. The latter usually resulting in more serious injuries or death. Falls are preventable.
This Fall Protection Training Course will provide participants with an understanding of their responsibilities when working in areas where fall hazards exist, the use of and inspection of the required equipment and the critical controls necessary to reduce the risk of a fall.
Fall Protection and Fall Arrest Systems
- Lost time injuries & statistics
- Fall Prevention versus Fall Arrest
- Travel restraints
- Fall arrest systems
- Employers & Supervisors Workers General precautions & safe working procedures
Fall Arrest Systems
- Anchorage or tie-off points, D plate body harness, CSA standards, D ring connecting devices, lifelines, shock absorbing lanyards, horizontal & vertical lifelines
Fall Hazards and Controls
- Hazards due to pendulum swings
- Planning guidelines, anchor points
- Rescue plans
Inspection of Equipment
- Harness, buckles, nylon straps, webbing, friction buckles, self-retracting devices
Donning a Harness
- Step by step instructions
- Care, cleaning, life expectancy
*Note: To ensure that the participant has sufficiently transferred knowledge from the theory portion of the course to the practical components of inspecting and donning the harness, a competent person trained in fall protection (supervisor) must sign the participant’s card which confirms that the participant has inspected and donned the harness correctly.
Regulations vary from one province to another, and then again in federally regulated workplaces.
Please note that this course is not valid at Newfoundland and Labrador provincial jurisdiction worksites.
To order your online Fall Protection Training Course today, click here.
For information on how the Learning Management System works, please read the LMS Instruction Sheet.