WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) Training Course
Average length of time to complete course: 45 minutes
Certification: Valid for one year.
Mishandling of hazardous materials can have disastrous consequences. At work, at school, in the places you do business and at home, knowing what you are dealing with, how to minimize exposure, and how to respond when the unthinkable happens can drastically reduce the potentially life-altering consequences of an encounter with hazardous materials.
This online safety training meets Federal and Provincial requirements to provide WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) training and certification. Perhaps more importantly, it gives participants the foundation of knowledge to prevent accidental and long-term exposure to the harmful effects of hazardous materials at work.
Basic Worker Rights
- WHMIS components – Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), WHMIS labels, worker training
- Right to know, to participate, to refuse unsafe work
- Company rules, personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Responsibility to report hazards, working safely
- Class A – Compressed Gas
- Class B – Flammable & Combustible
- Class C – Oxidizing Materials
- Class D1 – Immediate and Serious Toxic Effects
- Class D2 – Other Toxic Effects
- Class D3 – Biohazardous Infectious Materials
- Class E – Corrosive Material
- Class F – Dangerously Reactive Materials
- Supplier and workplace labels, style, required content, exceptions, decanting
- The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Product information
- Hazardous ingredients
- Physical data
- Fire / Explosion
- Preventive measures
- Reactivity data
- First aid
Exposure to Hazardous Materials
- Inhalation, absorption, ingestion, injection
- Symptoms, fast versus slow, invasive
- Select jurisdiction of workplace [which province, or Federal]
- Review regulations and guidelines that apply
For Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, please see sidebar.
To order your online WHMIS Training Course today, click here.
This course is also available in French: Formation on ligne (Système d’information sur les matières dangereuses utilisés au travail), SIMDUT.