Ladder Safety Training Course
Average length of time to complete course: 45 minutes
Certification: Valid for two years.
Provinces across Canada regulate the use of ladders in all workplaces because the improper use of a ladder could cause significant injuries.
Anyone who uses a ladder must comply and obtain the necessary training in order to:
• Reduce or eliminate worker injuries
• Avoid worker compensation premiums
The course complies with all the necessary regulations and is produced in order to accommodate various learning styles. The course is memorable, easy to understand, and accurate.
Hazard Identification and Control
- Potential Hazards
- Common Causes of Accidents
- Ladder selection process
- Ladder grades
- Types of ladders
- Inspection Items
- Ladder markings
Safe Ladder Setup and Use
- Personal factors affecting user
- Personal Protection Equipment
- High traffic areas and environmental conditions
- Proper setup
- Climbing and descending
Proper Care, Transportation and Storage
- Proper care
- Transporting ladders
At the conclusion of the training session participants will:
- Understand the different applications of ladders and the importance of proper selection.
- Know how to safely setup and use a ladder.
- Know how to inspect, store, maintain and properly care for ladders.
- Understand safe methods of climbing and descending ladders.
- Know how to identify hazards associated with ladder use.
- Be able to recommend hazard controls for the safe use of ladders in the workplace.
For Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, please see sidebar.
To order your online Ladder Safety Training Course today, click here.
For information on how the Learning Management System works, please read the LMS Instruction Sheet.
This course is also available in French: Cours de formation sur la sécurité des échelles.