PDIC helps professional drivers improve their defensive driving techniques.
The course consists of six one-hour sessions in a classroom setting. The Driver’s Notebook contains case studies, driving tips and other useful information, in addition to the course. The course content covers defensive; driving techniques, passing, collision prevention, driving conditions, turns, backing driver awareness and impairments, and vehicle inspections.
As an employer, you already have a large investment in your drivers, and this course will help them to:
- reduce collisions,
- reduce vehicle abuse
- reduce injuries, and
- reduce operating costs.
PDIC will teach your drivers defensive driving techniques that will help them:
- prevent collisions,
- save lives,
- deliver cargo safely and on time,
- reduce costs, and
- maintain good driving habits.
An Instructor Kit includes:
- instructor manual with binder,
- PowerPoint presentations on USB
- posters and pamphlets
- a student workbook, and
- a student graduation card.
- Reduces Operating Costs
- Reduces Collisions
- Reduces Sick Leave, Insurance and Other Benefit Payments Related to Traffic Collisions.
- Reduces vehicle abuse and maintenance costs
- Increases customer satisfaction with on-time deliveries and undamaged product
- Increases morale
- Defensive Driving Techniques
- Vehicle Inspections
- Collision prevention
- Road markings
- Driver awareness & impairment
For more information on the program or to become an instructor, please contact the Canada Safety Council, 613-739-1535 ext. 230.