Give your employees the Defensive Driving Course (DDC) and help them join the ranks of the most safety-conscious drivers on the road.
For employees who drive either a company vehicle or their own vehicle on the job, safe driving is a matter of occupational safety. However, an estimated nine out of 10 time-loss injuries happen off the job, not counting employees who take time off to care for an injured family member.
When a company driver is involved in a crash, insurance rates can skyrocket. In addition, indirect costs (whether the worker was driving on or off the job) can include recuperation time, re-staffing, retraining and lost productivity.
Fewer collisions to company vehicles will help control insurance costs – and safe drivers lose less time from work because they avoid collisions. That is why a defensive driving course can benefit all employees (and family members) who have a driver’s licence. DDC is designed to teach your employees and their families how to drive safely.
Traffic crashes are preventable … by defensive driving.
Complete concepts are presented so they are easily understood.
Materials are fully integrated. This enables participants who can’t read well to learn visually and through group discussion.
- Five core modules and choice of three optional modules, taught in six hours;
- Case studies and written exercises;
- Interactive class discussion; and
- Specific techniques to help drivers avoid all types of traffic collisions despite the actions of others or the driving conditions.
- Drivers learn the principles of defensive driving and essential collision avoidance techniques.
Your staff members can be certified to teach the Defensive Driving Course (DDC) to co-workers by successfully completing an Instructor Development Course (IDC) prior to delivering the DDC.
The Instructor Kit includes:
- Instructor Manual with binder;
- PowerPoint presentations on CD / DVD;
- Set of five 10 minute videos in VHS format and on DVD; and
- Posters and pamphlets.
- A comprehensive 66-page Student Manual which consolidates course content and provides interactive exercises; and
- A graduation card and certificate.
Three part collision prevention formula
- Recognize the Hazard
- Understand the Defense
- Act in Time
For more information on the program or to become an instructor, please email the Canada Safety Council or call 613-739-1535 ext. 233.