Deadline approaching for National Police Awards nominations
*Deadline for submissions is June 15, 2013
The National Police Award for Traffic Safety recognizes excellence, dedication and initiative in the field of traffic safety by enforcement officers across Canada. The purpose of this award is to identify and commend active enforcement personnel for their work to improve traffic safety, and to encourage others to implement new initiatives or publicize those in which they are already involved. The award is specific to an outstanding achievement completed or reaching a significant milestone within the 2012 calendar year. Best practices collected through the award process are shared broadly with Canada’s police community.
On behalf of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP), the Canada Safety Council is again pleased to request nominations for this award.
Criteria and Qualifications
- Sworn, full-time Canadian federal, provincial and municipal police officers, including military and railway police services are eligible.
- Individuals or groups such as divisions, sections and detachments are eligible.
- Police-led initiatives conducted in partnership with community groups may also be nominated.
- The nomination will be endorsed by a senior officer.
- Nominee(s) will have made an outstanding contribution to road safety during the 2012 calendar year through educational, enforcement, training or community- based programs.
How to Nominate
Nominations must be submitted to the Canada Safety Council by June 15, 2013.
Electronic submissions are encouraged. Email the form to Judy Lavergne at the Canada Safety Council: email@example.com.
Support material such as videos, CDs and promotional material may be mailed separately to: National Police Award for Traffic Safety, c/o Canada Safety Council, 1020 Thomas Spratt Place, Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5L5. Please make reference to your electronic submission.
Judging and Presentation
The selection panel consists of members of the Traffic Committee of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, and the Canada Safety Council.
The awards will be presented during the 108th CACP Annual Conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba in August 2013.
Travel will be provided to the winning recipient or group delegate of the National Police Award for Traffic Safety.
For More Information
Judy Lavergne, Canada Safety Council, telephone: (613) 739-1535 ext. 221.