Who we are
The Canada Safety Council is an independent, knowledge-based, charitable organization dedicated to the cause of safety. We provide national leadership in safety through information, education and collaboration. We are Canada’s voice and resource for safety.
As a not-for-profit, non-government organization, the Council draws upon the dedication and commitment of its directors, committee members and instructors. Contributions from corporate and individual members enable a small professional staff to maintain programming and respond to inquiries from the public, professionals, the media and others.
- To minimize avoidable death, injury, and damage to property by devising, recognizing, encouraging and promoting methods and procedures leading to improved safety, protection and health among all persons in public and private places throughout Canada.
- To focus attention on the vital importance of safety.
- To arouse public interest and participation in safety measures.
- To publish and disseminate educational programs and information relating to safety.
- To promote and support the development of safer products and services.
- To provide incentives for leadership and to recognize achievement in safety.
- To assist in the drafting and enactment of safety legislation.
How we started
In 1968, the Canadian Highway Safety Council, the National Safety League of Canada and the Canadian Industrial Safety Association merged to form the Canada Safety Council. The purpose was to establish one national, not-for-profit organization solely dedicated to the safety of Canadians.
Charitable Business No. 11882 8565 RR0001