Workplace Violence and Harassment Training Course
Average length of time to complete course: 50 minutes
Certification: Valid for three years.
This course will introduce and define terms associated with workplace violence and harassment. It will also lay the foundations upon which an effective workplace violence, harassment and bullying prevention program can be established.
Everyone in an organization is required to abide by policies relating to workplace violence and harassment. This would include:
- frontline supervisors,
- managers and
- program administrators.
Employers will be shown the necessary structure and elements of a Workplace Violence and Harassment program. It will also set out what workers need to understand about how to identify, report on, and control undesirable behaviours in the workplace.
- Who this policy applies to
- Workplace Violence Examples
- Types of Harassment – Legal definition
- Continuum of behaviours
- Code of ethics reference
Elements of a Typical Violence Program
- Program vs. Policy – What is the difference between the two
- Duties and Responsibilities – Management & Employees, Risk Assessment
- Performance techniques
- Administrative – zero tolerance; duty to report
- Engineering – facility lighting; surveillance; entry controls
- Safe Work Practices – identification techniques; regular report-in requirements; restricting access
- Staff training – identifying unacceptable behaviours; how to call for help; existing organizational controls; how to report
- Recognition of early warning signs – mood swings; substance abuse; social isolation; clenching; disrespect for authority
- Incident reporting – to whom and how
- Incident investigation
- Review – of overall program and its efficacy
Select jurisdiction of workplace (which Province, or Federal)
Review regulations and guidelines that apply
For Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, please see sidebar.
To order your online Workplace Violence and Harassment Training Course, click here.
For information on how the Learning Management System works, please read the LMS Instruction Sheet.