Office Ergonomics Training Course
Average length of time to complete course: 45 minutes
Certification: Valid for two years.
Overuse and “wear and tear” injuries continue to be among the most costly work related injuries in industry today. These pains and strains can range from mild discomfort or lead to severe pain and disability.
Our office ergonomics course identifies the risk factors associated with poor ergonomic positioning but more importantly the controls necessary to prevent Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) from occurring.
- Cost of ergonomic injuries to industry
- Physical and biomechanical safety of workers
- Physical ergonomics
- Cognitive ergonomics
- Organizational ergonomics
- Institute of work & health
- Lost time claims statistics
- Tendonitis, vibration, white finger, nerve compression disorders
- Tenosynovitis, Epicondylitis, carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, pronator teres syndromes
Identifying Risk Factors
- Force, repetition, posture, duration, contact stress
- Lifting techniques, typing
- Importance, frequency of use, function, sequence, sufficient space
- Ergonomic desk design & layout
- Monitor, keyboard * mouse
- Seating, desk, telephone & lighting
- Task design
- Select jurisdiction of workplace [which province, or Federal]
- Review regulations and guidelines that apply
For Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, please see sidebar.
To order your online Office Ergonomics Training Course today, click here.
For information on how the Learning Management System works, please read the LMS Instruction Sheet.
This course is also available in French: Cours de formation sur l’Ergonomie au Bureau