Fire Safety Training Course
Average length of time to complete course: 45 minutes
Certification: Valid for two years.
Having fire extinguishers strategically placed in your establishment is not a complete answer to fire safety. Your organization should have an internal system established to prevent and respond to manmade and natural emergencies.
Our Fire Safety Training Course provides participants with the knowledge necessary to prevent fires in the workplace and also focuses on the basic elements of fire prevention and protection.
After completing our online fire safety training course you will be able to print a certificate, either wallet-sized or a wall certificate, or both.
The Fire Triangle & Classification of Fires
- Fuel, Oxygen, Heat
- Classes A, B, C, D, K
Fire Extinguishers & Ratings
- Water, dry chemical, Carbon Dioxide, Halon 1301, 211
- Types A, A-B, B-B, A-B-C, 1A10BC
Extinguisher Use & Inspection
- PASS – Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep
- Training, 911, assess, when to fight
- Chemicals present – Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Fire extinguisher inspection & maintenance, security, pressure gauge, hose, nozzle, tag
Fire Prevention & Protection
- Typical sources of fires, housekeeping, flammable materials, storage, electrical, HVAC materials, personal smoking
- Passive & active fire prevention, training
Emergency Evacuation & Procedures
- Emergency evacuation & fire safety plan
- Fire alarm pull stations, exit signs, extinguishers, utility shutoffs, staging areas, written procedures
- Single & two stage continuous alarms
- Employees with disabilities, meeting point, head count
- High rise buildings
- Duties of Supervisors
For Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, please see sidebar.
To order your online Fire Safety Training Course today click here.
For information on how the Learning Management System works, please read the LMS Instruction Sheet.
This course is also available in French: Cours de formation sur les dangers et la prévention d’incendie.