Confined Spaces Training Course
Average length of time to complete course: 60 minutes
Certification: Valid for three years.
Confined spaces can be very dangerous places unless proper procedures are followed before and during entry.Working in confined spaces is an everyday occurrence in many occupations. When these spaces are properly identified and assessed, entry plans are in place and the plans are followed, work performed within a confined space can be completed safely and efficiently.
This course will provide participants with the information needed to understand the potential hazards of working in these spaces and the elements necessary to control those hazards prior to entry.
Upon successful completion, a certificate will be issued automatically.
- Not designed for human occupancy
- Atmospheric hazard, oxygen deficiency / enrichment, sour gas (H2S), methane (CH4), carbon monoxide (CO)
- Limited access or egress
Confined Space Program
- Identification of confined spaces, hazard assessments, entry plans, rescue plans, training, entry permits
Confined Space Hazard Assessment
- Formal documentation by competent person
- Oxygen, flammable, toxic, biological, chemical, physical, surfaces, mechanical, electrical, thermal, engulfment, hot work
Confined Space Entry Plans
- Duties of workers, contractors, management and attendants
- Rescue procedures, communication & equipment
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Lockout and Tagout
- Ventilation, purging and inerting
- Atmospheric testing
Confined Space Entry Permit
- Description of work Hazards & how to control, duration of permit Testing for toxic gases PPE & rescue equipment inventory Record of entry and exit
Confined Space Controls
- Testing, monitoring, calibration
- Ventilation, inerting, purging
- Lockout / Tagout of energy
- Control of material movement
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attending worker, entrant, supervisor
- Training, equipment, plan, retrieval system, tripod.
The legal definition of what is a ‘Confined Space’ varies considerably from province to province across Canada.
Please note that this course is not valid at Newfoundland and Labrador provincial jurisdiction worksites.
For Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, please see sidebar.
To order your online Confined Spaces Training Course today, click here.
For information on how the Learning Management System works, please read the LMS Instruction Sheet.