Aerial Lift Training Course
Average length of time to complete course: 75 minutes
Certification: Valid for three years.
This course requires a hands-on practical evaluation in addition to the online training. To complete this part of the training you will need to arrange to be evaluated by a certified trainer in your organization, or an independent one.
Aerial lifting devices are typically used throughout construction, industry, and warehousing. However, the versatility and safety factors incorporated into these devices allow them to be utilized in almost any environment.
This training course focuses on the safe operation of self-propelled elevated work platforms and self-propelled boom supported elevated work platforms.
This course requires that operators receive a practical test delivered by a ‘competent’ person following the course. Unfortunately, the regulations are not specific about the required qualifications of those deemed to be ‘competent’. CSA standards require that only qualified persons who have been trained regarding the inspection, operation, and application of an aerial platform, including the recognition and avoidance of hazards associated with the operation, shall operate an aerial platform.
After successfully completing the online Aerial Lift safety training course, you can print your certificate that needs to be signed by a competent individual verifying that a hands-on practical evaluation has been completed.
- Decals, stickers, capacity limits for aerial lifts
- Electrocution hazard, earthing, wind, tip over, tilt alarm
- Pushing and pulling, fall hazards equipment condition
- Collision, fire, explosion, battery, propane (LPG), frost
Aerial Lift Devices and Operating Controls
- Self-propelled elevated work platforms, scissor lift, genie, zoom boom
- On slab and off slab scissor
- Telescoping unit, boom and telescoping articulating boom
- Ground control panel, platform, turntable rotate, boom extend / retract Jib & secondary boom, platform level, emergency stop, engine high idle
Pre Operational Checks for Aerial Lift Devices
- Visual & practical inspections of aerial lifts
- Electrical, hydraulic, tires, nuts, bolts, rails & chains, limit switches, safety arm, pothole protectors, scissor pins, joystick, steering, driving, braking, tilt sensor, battery, auxiliary power, limit switch
- Check sheet & record keeping
Platform Positioning & Park Positioning
- Park position, parking hazards (holes, pipes, power-lines, wind & weather, drop offs, bumps, cracks
- Testing park position & turning off safely
Who needs this training?
- Anyone required to operate an aerial lifting device.
- Supervisors of workers required to operate an aerial lifting device.
- Health & Safety Committee Members or Representatives responsible for inspecting aerial device work area.
*Although this course is called Aerial Lift Online Training, it does include information on a wider variety of lifting devices including Self Propelled Elevating Work Platforms (Scissor Lift) and Self Propelled Boom Supported Elevated Work Platforms (Genie Boom).
For Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, please see sidebar.
To order your online Aerial Lift Training Course today, click here.
For information on how the Learning Management System works, please read the LMS Instruction Sheet.