Professional Driver Improvement Course
PDIC helps professional drivers improve their defensive driving techniques.
The course consists of six one-hour sessions in a classroom setting. The Driver’s Notebook contains case studies, driving tips and other useful information, in addition to the course. The course content covers defensive; driving techniques, passing, collision prevention, driving conditions, turns, backing driver awareness and impairments, and vehicle inspections.
This course, through the use of visual aids and qualified instructors, will show your drivers how to avoid potentially dangerous situations. Classroom participation involves case studies and active discussion of real life situations, as well as identifying traffic hazards.
As an employer, you already have a large investment in your drivers, and this course will help them to:
- reduce collisions,
- reduce vehicle abuse
- reduce injuries, and
- reduce operating costs.
PDIC will teach your drivers defensive driving techniques that will help them:
- prevent collisions,
- save lives,
- deliver cargo safely and on time,
- reduce costs, and
- maintain good driving habits.
An Instructor Kit includes:
- instructor manual with binder,
- set of six 10 minute videos
- posters and pamphlets
- a student workbook, and
- a student graduation card.
- Reduces Operating Costs
- Reduces Collisions
- Reduces Sick Leave, Insurance and Other Benefit Payments Related to Traffic Collisions.
- Reduces vehicle abuse and maintenance costs
- Increases customer satisfaction with on-time deliveries and undamaged product
- Increases morale
- Defensive Driving Techniques
- Vehicle Inspections
- Collision prevention
- Road markings
- Driver awareness & impairment
For more information on the program or to become an instructor, please contact the Canada Safety Council, 613-739-1535 ext. 233.